Sunday, February 18, 2007

My New Blog

I'm starting this blog for my own personal thoughts, art & news.
I really miss being around other artful souls on a regular basis, as my life has gone to the dogs so to speak:)
But I am trying to restore some balance and even though I am not there yet, I am actively working on this issue.
This is one of my new classes for "2007"
"Profound Secrets of the Burnt & Bound"
The images used here are from Michael deMeng's new stamp collection but the techniques used can be applied to any other imagery. You can view the whole collection at Stampers Anonymous.
I will be teaching this class at The Stamp Act in Marshfield, Mass., Art Unraveled in Phoenix, Arizona, The Artists Nook in Fort Collins, Colorado and I have more to be scheduled.
Here are some of the samples:



I have so many things I 'm currently working on, between kibble, caretaking and treats:)
Classes that I will be teaching in Cortona, Italy next year in September, another ATC Book, magazine articles, new website, catching up on paperwork, loading an e-bay auction and already I have over 500 orders for Christmas ornaments.. (((eeek!!!)))

So needless to say, this seems to be the only means of communication that I have these days to stop for a moment and let my friends know what I'm up to..
I miss chatting with so many of you on a weekly basis, one of these days things will slow down:)

18 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jen Crossley said...

Wow Bernie these ATC are STUNNING,
I love how you have used Michaels stamps Love them to bits
Jen Crossley
Australia

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger kelsey said...

Love what you've done with Michael's stamps Bernie.....ANOTHER ATC book!!! YIPPEE!!!!! Can't wait for that one.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger edina said...

These are wonderful pieces! Very cool use of Michael's stamps.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

It's great to see your artwork, Bernie...and it's beautiful! Your color palette is gorgeous.

Have a good weekend!:)

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Julie H said...

Bernie these are simply wonderful - I wish I could pick them up and look closer.

I am so loving this book and trying a new technique each week.

Cheers

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Angie in AZ said...

Christmas ornaments? What Christmas ornaments? Oh, do tell....

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Wow these are amaing! I hope you manage to achieve that balance in your life so that you can experience each day a little something of everything that makes you happy!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Judy said...

WOWO BERNIE - YOU HAVE USED MY FAV MICHAEL STAMP SO MAGNIFICENTLY - THE HAND ONE! WOULD LOVE TO TAKE A CLASS WITH YOU ONE DAY. SO EXCITING ABOUT CORTONA - YOU WILL LOVE IT - IT HOLDS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART. GLAD TO SEE THIS BLOG UP SO I CAN ENJOY YOUR ART.
CIAO

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Ro Bruhn said...

Love the artwork Bernie, fabulous design and colours.Michaels stamps look great.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hi Bernie,

I am so glad that I found you new blog. I got newest ATC book this year for Christmas and I LOVE it. I have tried so many of your wonderful techniques. I still love reading your other blog about your wonderful animals that you have been helping. God Bless You!
Your not so far away neighbor!
Beth

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Dawnie said...

AWSOME stuff Bernie.My goodness you are a busy gal.Youve touch many in every aspect that you give of yourself.
Your truly an inspiration to us all.thankyou

Fantastic book too Bernie.Love it and your art is FAB.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger tracey said...

Wow. those pieces are great. Do you know I signed up for this class at AU without even seeing the samples! Andrea signed up for it, so I did too. haha I cannot WAIT!

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey - I must be out of touch, I didn't even know Michael had designed some stamps! Love the samples - now I need to go shop!!! Sue Berry (England)

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Ange J Lee said...

Glad I found your blog - wonderful work here as always! Have a book of yours and find you such an inspiration - thankyou for sharing with us.

Ange (UK)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bernie are you not going to post any more? Do oyu have another blog? I have been a fan of yours...

Have a great hair day! Becci

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O to go to Italy! Especially Corona/Tuscany! I hope you get plenty of nice people for the classes you are to teach and that you have a FABULOUS time!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Iowa Sunshine said...

Those ATCs are wonderful! I'm just starting out and not doing so good. Praying to get ATC workshop. I love those little cards. =) Your work is neat, wish your classes were close. HUGS

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Tincan Crafter said...

Hi

I read about you in an article in CRAFTWISE Magazine, who did a course with you in Australia. I was so impressed by what they had to say that I looked you up online and I am just so taken with your art. You are incredibly gifted and I am loving everything you do. I love vivid colours and blends and swirls and your stuff is totally up my loving-it street.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home